BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Who am I?

     Are you wondering yet who I am and why I care so much about this thing I reefer to as "my precious gift"? Let me tell you a little about me...

     I am Andrea, known by most everybody as Anje, and I am a 33 year old single woman. I have dated one man and that relationship only lasted about a month. I am a nurse by profession and have worked for countless years in youth ministry.

     I am learning every day to be more and more dependent on Jesus Christ's saving grace and knowing that without His hand and direction in my life I would be utterly lost and be bumbling along in life.

     I am passionate about physical purity and that comes from so many different sources:

~1) I was raised in a family where it was expected that we would keep ourselves pure.

~2) The bible is clear in it's teaching about sexual purity and that sex is reserved for a marriage relationship (I'll go into more of that in future posts).

~3) I have watched friends of mine who have given up their purity and the consequences they have paid.

~4) I long for the day when I can stand in my wedding dress and give my heart to the man that God is preparing for me and know that I will only and forever be his; that I will be able to physically give myself completely to him.

     The more I study about physical and sexual purity I realize that it's so much more than not having sex. It involves the things I fill my heart and mind with. It involves how I present myself to others. It involves both a level of respect for myself and of my future husband.

     I want to use this blog to encourage young women to keep themselves pure. I am a living testimony of the reality that it can be done! I am praying daily and with every posting made that someone is encouraged and challenged by the words shared. I want this to be a forum where girls can share their thoughts, concerns and victories.

0 comments: