BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, January 6, 2011

What are people hearing?

Have you ever over heard a conversation that might be very innocent but sounds dirty or inappropriate? Have you ever had a conversation that has implied things that you really weren't meaning? Or have you in fact let your words take you into conversations where inappropriate thoughts, images or feelings are brought to the surface?

This has happened to me, with me, around me and because of me and it is very easy to just brush off any wrongness with a statement like "ohh, we just let things get out of hand" or "I just took that too far...". Either response is wrong! The Bible is clear on this subject: Matthew 12:34b, "for out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks."

If you're not doing anything inappropriate then don't let people think you are. A reputation is easily formed and difficult to reconstruct if you have made a bad impression on somebody. Be above reproach so that no one has reason to think negatively of you.

I challenge you, myself even, to live by 1 Timothy 4:12 "Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity."

1 comments:

Andrea said...

This verse sums this whole subject up:

Psalm 19:14 May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.